The Triangular Partnership Programme aims to enhance the capacity of engineering, medical and signals uniformed personnel through provision of training and equipment. These trained troops will deliver high value and priority requirements, improving the ability of UN missions to operate more effectively on the ground.
- Rapid Deployment: Train units in horizontal engineering tasks to operating and maintaining heavy engineering plant equipment and deliver engineering works timely and effectively.
- Flexibility: Deliver training in Africa and Southeast Asia in partnership with host countries, trainees and trainersusing facilities, capacities and equipment best sourced for each location.
- Strengthening regional Capacity: Provide Training-of-Trainers (TOT) courses to build a pool of competent trainers who can help strengthen capacity of uniformed peacekeepers in the regions.
- Technologies: Provide standardized and mission-specific training on Command, Control, Communications, Computers, Intelligence-Surveillance-Reconnaissance (C4ISR) technologies to UN mission’s military & police or T/PCC specialists.
- Heavy Engineering Equipment (HEE): Lease equipment for Engineering training courses.
- Medical Equipment: Purchase equipment for Field Medical Assistants Courses (FMAC).
- Signals Academy Equipment: Purchase equipment for Signals Academy courses.
SUPPORT FOR THE PROJECT
- By endorsing the “Declaration of Shared Commitments on UN Peacekeeping Operations,” more than 150 Member States committed to “better prepare, train and equip uniformed personnel by pursuing innovative approaches, including triangular partnerships”
- To enhance the sustainability of the Project, the United Nations welcomes support from Member States in the form of funding and in-kind contributions of trainers and engineering, medical, and signals equipment.
- Programme team: Mr. Takakazu Ito (firstname.lastname@example.org) or Mr. Juha Rauhalahti (email@example.com);
- Signals Academy: Mr. Philippe Gerard Schifferling (firstname.lastname@example.org); and Office of Under-Secretary-General, Department of Operational Support: Ms. Sachiyo Miwa (email@example.com)